Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Last Injection I Give Myself...Ever????

Tonight was a milestone. Hopefully it's my last night of injecting myself. You would think that this time around it would be easier and that because of my excess stomach skin I would have plenty of room. Apparently not. My stomach is full of little dots from injection sites and I've pretty much run out of room. I've got a few bruises where I've hit veins, but all-in-all, not bad. I'm glad to be done with this phase though.

Tomorrow I have an ultrasound and blood draw to confirm that I'm on track. My numbers were a little off, so I've been extremely anal about taking my medication at the exact right MOMENT. It's hard! Dan is getting nervous (as am I) about the injections that begin tomorrow. A friend asked, "Is it easier knowing what's coming or harder?" My answer was, "The first injection that I had to give myself was way easier this time. I knew exactly how to do it and knew it wouldn't hurt. The injections coming up (that Dan gives me) will be extremely hard. They hurt. I know they hurt. That part is harder."

I have my heating pad ready for my rear, so hopefully being prepared pays off. These are the fun shots with the fun stories. If you enjoyed any of the last injection stories, prepare yourself! :)

No comments: