Friday, March 20, 2009

Glucose Results and Iron Changes

Well, this certainly has become more of an eventful pregnancy. Can't these girls just settle down and let me enjoy it?

My glucose test results came back today. I was hoping to stave it off until Monday so I could eat freely. Luckily only 2 of my blood results came back elevated.

After fasting: 81
1 hour: 197
2 hour: 214
3 hour: 125

I still get to go speak with a dietician and get a diabetic training class. It's not that I take this lightly, but seriously, I have two diabetic parents, I kind of know what to expect. And I'm also a little skeptical at this point. I'm so close to done, I'm not sure that a total change in diet is going to really help anything. Also, if you've ever met me, you know that changing my diet is a near impossibility. I can cut out sugars and eat more fruit, but cutting carbs and varying my diet is never going to happen. Pricking my fingers multiple times a day is probably also not going to happen. Unless by not doing this I am somehow hurting those babies, I will probably take it fairly lightly. We'll see how the training goes next week.

On the iron-side of things, it seems to be improving a little bit. I made myself eat some waffles, drink some OJ and take 2 iron pills last night. I felt horrible until about 2 AM and then I was able to drift off to sleep. I will either try to take 2 every night or try to alternate between one and two. I felt kind of crummy this morning, but it left quickly.

While I love being pregnant and want to remain pregnant for a while longer to enjoy it more, the drama of having all these tests and failing is taking it's toll. I'm ready for some quiet time without calls from the doctor and smooth sailing from here on out. Wish me luck!

No comments: