Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Weeks Still Going Strong

Just a short update, sorry no pictures. I can't remember the last time I even had the energy to get dressed. I'll get dressed for church tomorrow so I'll try and have Dan take a picture. I hit 24 weeks and all the sudden I hit utter exhaustion. Not just tired, but to the point where I can't even function. The boys have taken it extremely well and let me rest on the couch while they play independently or together. Dan comes home and takes over so that I can go to bed.

I called my friend tonight who had twins and then a singleton and asked if it was the same with her singleton as it was with the twins and she assured me that the singleton, while tiring, was so much easier than twins. It gave me just that little bit of reassurance.

The babies are growing and kicking harder day by day. For a few days they didn't move at all and I started to worry. It was also the beginning of the exhaustion, so I wondered if maybe they were growing. Dan made a good point that if they were growing and not moving, they were probably hungry. Lo and behold, I upped my caloric intake and began eating more often and they are now constantly moving and kicking. Definitely a good sign, although difficult to eat something substantial nearly every hour. I've also upped my water intake so that I'm drinking nearly 5 liters of water a day. It's a ton, but it's really helping and I know it helped with the boys. I can tell the days when I don't drink enough.

Ok...hopefully pictures tomorrow! I think you'll be surprised at the recent growth!

No comments: