Friday, April 17, 2009

Hospital Round 1

Last night around 1 AM, I woke up feeling extremely nauseous. I tried to eat, drink, walk around, change position, but it just wouldn't go away. I texted Dan to come home from his buddy's birthday just in case it was food poisoning or labor. Dan then timed contractions and they were about every 2-3 minutes lasting about a minute. We decided to call my mom and have her sleep here while we got checked out.

As is the case right now, the girls are just happy to be in utero, no matter the circumstances. Monitoring at Sacred Heart showed that the contractions were steady at 6 minutes apart and that I am more effaced (70%), but still only dilated to a 2. We were released to go home at about 5:00 AM. The doctor and nurse that we spoke with both seemed to think that labor progressing was just a matter of time, so we'll see!

We arrived home around 5:30, sent mom back home and attempted a couple hours of sleep before the boys woke up. They then let us (me...Dan of course was able to ignore them) rest until about 9:30. We are EXHAUSTED!

I had a nonstress test at 10:30 this morning. Everything looks good. I was still contracting about every 6 minutes, but nothing that showed any real progress. I refused to make my appointment for next week until I talk to my doctor on Tuesday.I don't plan on still being pregnant next Friday! :)

I then went to my ultrasound. It seemed to look really good. It was a new techinician that I'd never seen before. She was extremely surprised at how low Baby A is and that you can't just see her hanging out. It was difficult to get any real good readings on her. However, both babies are practicing breathing and are moving as well as they can with the limited space. She kept saying she couldn't believe how much baby there was in there. **I will get a call this afternoon with the results of the ultrasound if anything looks new or interesting.

Now to answer questions:

**I PROMISE I'll post on Facebook when things are changing. Please do not call. We are generally dealing with the doctor or getting information. If we do not update, it's because we cannot. AND, if we are sleeping, we need it!
**Hospital visits are welcome once the babies arrive. Please call first. Once home with babies, we generally close our doors for one week to absolutely everyone. This allows us time to bond as a family and adjust to a new lifestyle. This might change as the week progresses since the boys might very well lose their mind, but we appreciate you respecting this distance for the first week.


Marty, Rhenda and Anna said...

thanks for keeping everyone in the know, Amber! We are just soo excited! lol

Nicole said...

I respect the distance after getting home. I prayed for you this morning and will continue to keep you and Dan in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck! :)