Friday, September 12, 2008

Ultrasound

Well, by the grace of God, the little peanut is in there! She (and I say she because with this much hassle it must be a girl) is looking good, for the most part. The egg sac and yolk are all in good shape. It's a little small still, so there are still some concerns. I go back next Friday and I think they should be able to see the heartbeat, and they'll check my levels again to make sure it's growing in numbers properly. I just about broke down with Dr. Robins when leaving the exam room. He put his hand on my shoulder and reassured me that sometimes this is just the way with frozen embryos. Sometimes they are a little funky. He did say that sometimes they do just fine and sometimes they are just not quite right and won't make it, so it's still a wait and see. ARG! I hate waiting! For now, I'll just rest up and hope it helps. Not sure if we'll tell family now or wait until next week.

3 comments:

The Butterfields said...

I told you it was a girl!!! :)

Kaitlin said...

Congratulations! Jerry and I decided to get pregnant and couldn't for 10 days. lol We were both so freaked out! :) I can't imagine going through all that you're going through. You're MY hero! Children are such a blessing and I bet this little peanut is going to be extra special!

Linda said...

OH, Amber...that's great news! I'll be praying for you still :)